Sunday, July 6, 2014

Canada Day Long Weekend

 Despite the fact that Canada is far away and you have to be 8 hours on a plane and it gets boring, I love Canada. I think it's an awesome place. My family is very cool, they showed me a lot of new places that we didn't visit last year, we went to Princess Point, near the lake, and visited Hayda, a WW II ship. We ate chilli hot dogs, we had slurpees and pepperoni pizza, we haven't got those things in Spain. On Canada Day I went to a bbq with Isabel (my sister) and her host family, we ate a lot. These days were great and I hope the next days will be better. -Maria P. 

The first weekend in Canada was wonderful! I've done lots of things.  I went to see Hamilton's Harbour. It was so beautiful.  Then I went to a mall and I bought some things. Here in Canada, the malls are bigger than in Spain! In the afternoon, I went to Sofia's soccer game. She won! At the end, we went to have dinner at Tim Hortons. It has lots of delicious things to eat. If you come to Canada, you will have to try it. I think it's like Canadian Starbucks.  Canada Day! In the morning, I went to the beach but the day was so windy and we had to go back home.  In the afternoon I had dinner and I saw America's Got Talent on TV. The people were doing very different and amazing things! At night, I went to play tennis and at the end I saw the fireworks from my home. I've had an amazing weekend and the family is very kind.  P.S. I miss you family and friends.  -Laura R.
 My host family is very nice and the people are generally friendly. I like the weather because it's not cold although it rains sometimes. I also like the place where I live because I have a sports park in front of my house and I can go there with my family to watch matches.  -Iratxe M. 

When I arrived to Canada I was very nervous, but now I am fine, because people in Canada are very friendly. For me, Millicent is the best because I have really good times with her. Millicent is my mum in Canada, with her you can do ver fun activities, like go to the party show and to the choir. Also, I have funny evenings with her, I was playing domino and watching TV programs, baseball matches and a lot of things.  I hope to have fun the rest of the month. -Alvaro S.   

These four days there weren't classes so we were with the families all day. My first day here I went with my host mum to a bbq with her friends, there were a lot of people of different ages so I met some teenagers. They cooked a lot of meat and desserts, at night they made a fire and cooked some marshmallows, they were nice it was the first time I have eaten it and with chocolate they are delicious.  Then they threw fireworks and the party ended at 12. The next day we went to Wendy's for lunch and we bought some food. On Canada Day we had a bbq in the house and I met her family, they were very friendly to me and my sister. -Isabel P. 
 The first four days I met the family. They are from Philippines and they are very nice. The two daughters are more or less my age, so it is nice to talk to them. We didn't go out every day and sometimes I was bored but it was nice. I bought a book in English so I can read it and improve my level of English a little bit. Sometimes it was difficult because of the vocabulary. One day I met Nerea and we went to the mall that is next to my house, we had a very good time together. Canada Day I went with Nerizsa, one of the daughters of the family and her friends to see the fireworks. We arrived at the park very early so we could pick a good place to see them. There were plenty of people. The fireworks were so beautiful, I loved them. We arrived home at late.  I was so tired but it was a good night. The days with the family were nice, but I missed a lot my friends and the days feel so long without them. But finally the day arrived and I went to school and I could see them. It was so nice. It is difficult to speak with them in English. I was afraid because of the buses to go home, because I need to take two buses and I wasn't sure where I needed to stop, but finally I got it. I take the same bus as other friends so I go with them. -Pilar R. 
 My first weekend in Canada was fantastic! The day we met our families I was incredibly surprised to see that even since the first day they are really welcoming and warm, however, we didn't have much time to chat and get to know each other as I was really tired from such a long trip. The next was awesome because it was my birthday and we went to their cottage in the shore of lake Huron! There we went to the beach and at dinner time they gave me a cake and some presents they had bought for me. The next morning we also went to the beach but in the afternoon we went shopping to the town nearby, even though I didn't buy anything at least I got to see the town which was beautiful! In the evening we did a bonfire at the beach and roasted some marshmallows. On the last day we also went to the beach and came back to Hamilton. It was definitely an unforgettable weekend!
 -Llanos B. 
 When I arrived to Canada everything was like a film, like you always see at the movies. My family is very nice, we are 5 in the house and we also have a dog, a very funny one. During these days they have taken me to a BBQ, to a mall and to a festival, and it was Canada Day so we made a kind of party at home and we saw all together the fireworks. I have been only 4 days here but I love this place.  Anyway, we have 3 long weeks and a lot activities to do still.  The bad thing is that the streets are so long and they are all similar so you can get lost.
 -Nerea D. 

I landed in Canada only five days ago and I'm feeling really good here. The second day here I went to a car exhibit at the beach of Hamilton. I went there with the family, that is really nice. 
My family is composed of Stacy and Travis, but they also have a dog. They are young so I'm doing more better things than when I came two years before. The house is big and really clean. The family is really sociable, so I can speak a lot with them and improve my English level. Also the food is good. I know that it is different from in Spain but it is also good. Food like hamburgers, poutine, pasta, sandwiches, are delicious. 
The places in Hamilton are also beautiful. The center of the city is really nice with touristic places and with shopping centres to relax and to buy whatever you need. 
The activities that we are doing at the school are really interesting. Today is our first day but, we worked a lot. First we studied the national anthem and we also did an exam to check that our level is the correct one. 
Canada is a really nice country with all kind of activities to do and the city of Hamilton is really beautiful to visit and is also next to Toronto so we can go there to visit too. I'm really comfortable in Canada! -Sergi M. 
 The first weekend in Canada was so stressful because I stayed in different houses. I have had dinner with four different families, but finally, last Tuesday I could keep my clothes in a wardrobe. I needed it! While I was waiting for my family I was on a short holiday at Manuel`s house, swimming all the time, because of that me and Manuel are burnt!  I haven`t had the opportunity to do some activities with my host family because I haven`t been a lot of time with them. This family reminds me of my Spanish family.  Their dog doesn`t stop barking at me because it doesn't know me. Lilly and her family are nice. I speak to them all time and they help me if I don`t pronounce well or if I can`t explain some things. Today we will go shopping.  I like this weather because it is hot, and the other students are funny, we laugh all day.  At this moment I am falling in love with Canada. -Claudia C.
 This weekend was a little bit strange because I arrived on Saturday and I spent three days with my host family. Tuesday was Canada Day and I had a good bbq with the family , then we went to play mini golf and at night we saw fireworks, I had a good day.  My host family is very friendly . And today we are going to the gym and we are going to do sports.  -Maria A. 

I arrived at Barcelona airport at and I was so nervous, it was normal. I met a special and good person, his name was Salvaoh. When I saw Mohawk College, I was really impressed because I've never seen such a big and cool college.My family picked me up and took me to their house.  I was really happy, it is a beautiful house, with a yard,  swimming pool, and a big bedroom with a comfortable  bed.  The family is Elaine and Claude. I'm very lucky to have them. They look after me very well, with excellent meals, like bagels with eggs, butter, bacon and cheese.  To sum up, I would recommend this trip to people whose hobby is travel, and obviously who like languages. Hamilton is a beautiful city with great people. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Manuel P. 
 I've been here for one week and everything is fine.The family is great, they cook very well and they are very nice, they always try to do something or to take me to some place.  I think the only thing is that I am far away from school, so I have to get two buses, but it's okay.  The school is also great, they have got a lot of things, and it's very big. The school 's got a lot of entrances but we use the south entrance. A good thing with my bus is that they leave you at the door of the school, so you don't have to walk. I think the other weeks will be fine too. -Sergi A.

This long weekend has been a bit strange. The weather is crazy and all of a sudden it can start raining.  Otherwise, I have done a tour through downtown Hamilton. The city is really huge and I hoped the buildings would be bigger. Besides that, I have visited the "coast" and I went into an old war ship for free! That was fine.  
-Iker A.
The first day, I met a good and special  person, Manueh . I arrived in Canada at 17:30 and we went to the college by the taxi. In the college, Kathleen picked me up and we went to Nicole's house, she is her daughter and I slept at this house.  The second day, we went to the park and I made  sno-kones with the family, I loved it.  The third day, I went with Mili and I could see my brother.  Finally, the last day with the family we went the park and I could buy presents and eat Mexican food, hamburgers and other types of food.  I recommended this time with the family. It's fantastic.  -Salva S.

This is the fifth day that we are here in Canada, the first three days were to be with the family and get to know them and the culture they have.  When we arrived to the airport it was very hot and some of us expect it to be colder than in Spain.  The second day I went to the United States with my family to do some shopping and I realised that the price of the things here has not got the tax added, so you must be careful with what you buy.  In the same streets you can find a lot of fast food restaurants. -Arrate K.

No comments:

Post a Comment