Friday, July 18, 2014

An Update...


This week, we have been very busy with the trips or the evening activities.
 On Friday we went to see the art crawl, a festival celebrated the second Friday of each month, on Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, it was awesome! We had lot of fun with the slides and we were lucky because of the sunny weather.
Sundays are the family day so I went to the USA and to Niagara Falls with my host family, I saw the falls at night, it's wonderful with all the colours.
 The first day with the new students we had the evening activity to the Green Smoothie Bar, there we drank different smoothies, each one of the flavour we wanted but all the smoothies had spinach that's why they are green.
Yesterday we went to Canada's Wonderland, it was amazing with lots of rollercoaster, we did not have enough time to go on all the rollercoasters but it was an experience to repeat. -Arrate K.

Last week was so busy. We did a lot of activities, for example on Friday we went to a Market where we could taste the butter tarts, a typical Canadian sweet, and then, we saw and listened to a concert of Brian Melo, the winner of Canadian Idol in 2007, in a park. On Saturday we had the opportunity to sunbathe because we went to Wild Waterworks, a water park which has sleds an a wave pool. On Sunday was the World Cup Final, and I watched the match with my host family. They were so excited because they love soccer and they wanted the team winner to be Argentina. On Monday I went to the cinema with my host sister and we watched "Maleficent" the new Disney movie whose lead actress is Angelina Jolie. I understood the whole movie because the actors spoke slowly. Finally on Tuesday we went to Canada`s Wonderland, we had a fun time with our friends. I went on a lot of  rides and I went to the water park too. Some members of some host families came with us, they taught us English songs and we taught them Spanish songs, everybody was singing on the bus. When I arrived at home I was exhausted but it was worth it. I hope that our two last weeks in Canada will be as fantastic as this one. -Claudia C. 
This week was full of activities, when we didn't have class we visited the Hamilton Farmer's Market, it was nice, they had a lot of vegetables, meat, fish and cakes. Brian Melo (winner of Canadian Idol) had a concert, we sang and danced.  We went to the Bay and had lunch there. In the afternoon we visited the Art Crawl, they had a lot of vintage things that you can buy.
On Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, it's a little park with slides where you can have a lot of fun in the water.
Sunday was family day so I went with my host mum to Cambridge, because my host sister had a soccer tournament.
On Monday afternoon we went downtown to the Green Smoothie, a bar where they make smoothies with spinach, that why it's green.
The best day was Tuesday, when we went to Canada's Wonderland, it's awesome, all the rollercoasters were amazing, I love it. Perhaps the best one, Leviathan, was closed, but it doesn't matter because I had a great time. -Maria P.

Last week we went to a market, there we saw lot of little shops and we tasted some typical sweets. We also did an evening activity, we went Downtown and we saw people selling things in the streets and lot of people. We went to a little concert of the winner of Canadian Idol, Brian Melo. He sang some covers with his new group. He was a mate of Monica's. Last Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, a water park. It was so fun. There were some slides and a pool with waves, I almost "died" in the water, but it was fantastic. When I arrived home my shoulders were burnt. On Sunday I went cherry picking with my family. It was so nice. Then we had a barbecue. Yesterday we went to Canada's Wonderland it was so great. -Pilar R.

On Friday we went to Hamilton's Harbour, it was the perfect place to take photos, in the afternoon we watched a concert of Brian Melo, the winner of Canadian Idol and after that we went to a colorful market. To end the day we went to an art festival with a lot of little shops which sold photos, pictures and weird sculptures, it was very interesting.
Last Saturday I went to a lake where my host family and I celebrated the granddaughter's birthday with a picnic. We played volleyball, basketball, soccer, American football, we swan and we jumped into the water from the rocks. The next day my host mum and I were too lazy so we spent Sunday watching movies.
Yesterday we went to Canada's Wonderland, it was the best activity of the month, there were rollercoasters, a water park and good but expensive food. We had a lot of fun there. -Isabel P. 
 
Last Friday we went to the Harbour of Hamilton and it was such good weather that the sea looked beautiful. After that we went to Gore Park to see a concert of Brian Melo, the winner of Canadian Idol and in the afternoon we went to the Art Crawl. On Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks. We were so lucky because the weather was hot and sunny so we had a great time. Sunday was family day and I went shopping with the host family. On Monday afternoon we went to the Green Smoothie Bar to drink a smoothie that was made with spinach. Finally, on Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland. The roller coasters and the water rides were amazing. It was really funny! -Iratxe M.
Last Friday we went to the Harbour of Hamilton , then we went to Gore park to see a little concert of Brian Melo (Canadian idol ) and to end the day we went to the Art Crawl. On Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks and I had an amazing day with my group in the different types of slides that there were in the park. On Sunday it was family day, so I was with my host family all the day, and I went shopping to Limeridge mall. On Monday we went to class and then after dinner we went to the Green Smoothie Bar to drink a strange smoothie that has spinach in it. Yesterday, that was Tuesday, we spent all day at Canada's Wonderland that was a big theme park. -Maria A.
 
 Last Friday all the Spanish students went to Hamilton's market because every Friday we have a trip. It was a little different because in Spain markets are small. After that we went to see the Canadian Idol winner whose name is Brian Melo. I met a "famous" man. Before the market and the concert, we went to the bay. It was amazing!  In the end my bag was wet because my juice was broken and in addition my phone's screen was broken. I think it was karma. But I had fun. Friday evening we went to the Art Crawl where you could find music groups, little shops in the street and many things.
On Saturday, I had fun at Wild Waterworks. It was like "Aqualandia" but I have to say, I prefer "Aqualandia". I thought, it would be bigger than "Aqualandia" as Hamilton is better than Benidorm. The next day, I felt sick because of the sun.
On Sunday, my host family, Isabel and I went to an Amish Village called St. Jacob's. I REALLY HAD FUN IN THIS VILLAGE because I've never seen something like it. I saw many families with their costumes and their horses. It was different but I loved it.
On Monday evening, we went to the Green Smoothie Bar where you could buy smoothies without sugar. I drank a strawberry banana one, it was delicious.
The next day we went to Canada's Wonderland. I love these types of parks. I love adrenaline. All I have to say is that, IT WAS AWESOME. -Manuel P. 
On Friday in the morning we went to Hamilton Harbor, it was so pretty with a lot of birds and fortunately it was sunny, after that we went to the Hamilton Market with a lot of kinds of little shops with food and we went to a concert of Brian Melo, who won Canadian Idol in 2007. Finally in the afternoon we went to Art Crawl, it's like a kind of festival that is celebrated every second Friday each month.  On Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, it was awesome, it was like a park with all kinds of activities with water. On Sunday it was Family Day so my family and I went to Niagara's on the Road, it was so pretty. On Monday morning we went to class and in the afternoon we went to Green Smoothie, you can choose a normal smoothie and they put spinach in it, it was nasty. Finally on Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland all day, it was incredible with a lot of rollercoasters, it was fun! -Nerea D.

I've done lots of things last week! On Friday, we went to see Hamilton's Harbour. It was a very beautiful place for taking photos. Then, we went to see Brian Melo singing near a fountain. He sings very well. He won Canadian Idol in 2007. In the evening, I went to see a soccer practise from the host daughter. On Saturday, we went to Wild Waterworks. It's like the waterpark from my city. We had a fantastic time because it was a very good day for swimming. At night, I had a delicious hamburger from Harvey's for dinner . My host mother bought it for me. Harvey's is like a McDonald's but it's Canadian. On Sunday, I went to have lunch with my host family in a restaurant Downtown. Then, I went to a BBQ with some friends of my host mother. I met some children and they were so cute! I also saw the World Cup Final. This family day was amazing! On Monday, I went to school and in the evening we went to Green Smoothie. It was a fantastic day because I saw Sofia. I haven't seen her for 2 years! On Tuesday, we went to Canada's Wonderland. It's a very big amusement park. It had lots of roller coasters and some water rides. I'm not very keen on these things but I had fun. I'm having a very fantastic time here but I hope that this week and next week will be better than the others!
 P.S. I miss you so much but I will be in Spain very soon! -Laura R.  
 Isabel, some other students and I arrived in Hamilton on Saturday. The journey was long and tiring. When we finally arrived to the school, Monica, Tania and Claudia, one of the students, were waiting for us at the door. Our families came to pick us up. After that my family and I went to the supermarket. Then we went home and we had dinner. I was so tired that I went to sleep early. On Sunday it was family day. My family and I had a great time together. We played with the Xbox and we went to the grandparent's farm. There we went to the swimming pool and we watched the football match. I was very happy because Germany won. After that, we returned home and we went to the park. There we played basketball until dinner time. It was so fun! After dinner we played all together but I went to bed early because I was very tired. On Monday we went to school for the first time. We arrived there and we met our mates. They are so nice and funny. Then, Monica showed us the school and we tried Tim Horton's. After that, we went to get our bus passes and the student cards. We returned to school and we had lunch. Then we wrote the level exam and we returned home. Once at home, we had dinner and we returned to the bus station to go to the evening activity. The evening activity was going to "The Green Smoothie Bar" where we drank green smoothies. You can choose the flavour of your smoothie and when they give it to you it's green! That is because they mix the ingredients with spinach. Although it was weird it tasted nice. Then we had conversations between us about different topics. When we finished the activity, we returned home. On Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland. Canada's Wonderland is a very big theme park where you can find a lot of funny rides. We went on a lot of them but the best ones were the water rides. On one of the rides, Andrea and I went on the first line. It was so fast that I was crying because of the wind! It was so funny! We had a great time all together. -Sofia S.
 
The days pass and the experience in Canada is better and better. 
Friday was a completely day. First of all, we went to the coast of Hamilton where we had a stroll and where we could take photos of the lake and take some "selfies". We also had lunch there. After that we went downtown where we could watch a music show. Also, we visited the market of the city.  In the market there were some typical products of Canada. After that we went home to relax because the next day we had to go to Wildwater Works. 
On Saturday I had to stay at home because I wasn't feeling well. Bad day for me.
Sunday was a better day. First of all I went for run because I stayed all Saturday at home. After that I went to Hamilton Coast to watch the final of the FIFA World Cup. The match was Germany vs Argentina, so it would be a fun match. After the game, that was won by Germany I went home and I discovered that I got sun burnt when I was watching the match. Fortunately it was not so serious and now I'm ok.
The last experience that I have to tell you is Canada's Wonderland. It was so fun. There were a lot of rides but the hardest was closed, so we couldn't have fun 100% but yes 99%. Also, there was a water park there, so I could go to the places that I couldn't go on Saturday. We stayed there all the day. After that we took the typical yellow bus that is used by the schools to come back to Hamilton. 
It was a nice week! -Sergi M.  
 
This week we've done a lot of fun things! On Friday we went to the harbour of Hamilton on the shore of lake Ontario. In the afternoon we went to a market where we ate a delicious butter pastry typical from Canada, then we went to a concert in Jackson square, the singer was Brian Melo who won Canadian Idol. On Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, a water theme park with water slides, a swimming pool... We had a lot of fun there! On Monday I didn't go to the Green Smoothie as I went shopping with my host mum to Toronto and I bought some presents for my family, then she showed me Toronto's city centre by night, it was so beautiful! Then yesterday we went to Canada's Wonderland, a big theme park where we spent the day, we went on a lot of rides and had a great time there!! -Llanos B.
       
Friday, I was camping with my brother and my host family and in the evening we went to Art Crawl with the Feyda group.
Saturday we went to Wild Waterworks, it is a fun park and I was with Manueh and Sergi all day.  The park is small and fantastic, at 7:00pm we came home and when I arrived I ate pizza.
Sunday, my brother and I went to a picnic all day, and we were with Mili and her friends, after lunch we played with other young people.
Monday, in the morning I went to school and in the evening we went to the Green Smoothie, this store had strange smoothies.
Yesterday, we went to the Canada's Wonderland all day, and this was an amazing experience. -Salva S.
 
Hi, on Saturday afternoon we arrived to Hamilton at last. We spent almost 9 hours on the airplane and at the end of the flight we were tired and bored. This day we didn't have time to go anywhere so we stayed in the house talking with the family and getting to know the house. The next day, on Sunday, I went to Lake Ontario and I crossed all the lake with a little boat, I could see beautiful landscapes. Then we went to the park which is next to Lake Ontario and we watched the football match on a very big screen. My family's host father and I were very excited because Germany won!!  Monday was my first day of school and I was very nervous to see my friends that I met last year in Dublin and the other people who I didn't know.  Finally all the students are very nice and funny, I really enjoyed the time with them. This day luckily the new students didn't have class, we went to the Bus Station and City Hall to get the bus pass and the student card. When we returned to the school we wrote the exam to know which is our level. That afternoon we went to Green Smoothie and we drank some milk-shakes and honestly I didn't like it.
Yesterday, on Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland, we had a very good time going on the rides. The park is enormous and there are a lot of attractions. We really enjoyed it.
Today, Wednesday is my fifth day here and I really love this place. I enjoy the nice people, my host  family, the activities and obviously the students who are with me. -Andrea G.

Last Friday morning I went to the harbour of Hamilton. I was not excited because I had gone there with my host mom before. That afternoon I watched a "gig" by Brian Melo. Finally, in the evening I went to the Art Crawl. There were a lot of things to buy and some good singers as well. That was a good day. 
The whole next day (Saturday) we were in the fantastic Wild Waterworks. I really had a great time. There was a pool with huge waves. Unfortunately, a Chinese person almost drowned. What a fright! Also there were some slides, but there weren't as amazing as Canada's Wonderland!
Otherwise, on family day, I thought I would do nothing interesting, but in the evening I visited the city of the riche named Burlington. There were very big and expensive houses. I think that I would need to sell a kidney and a part of the other to buy one... :(
However, the day didn't end there. After that, I went to Gage Park to enjoy a concert and see a little market and its surroundings.
On the Monday, although there was school like Wednesday and Thursday, in the evening we went to the Green Smoothie. I tried a milkshake of chocolate hazelnut, but I didn't know that it would had spinach, so the combination was HORRIBLE! 
Finally, I went to Canada's Wonderland! (Woooohooo!) I had a lot of fun, it was great! There was water park (in my opinion better than Wild Waterworks). I tried the free fall... My heart was almost out of my chest, and I kissed the ground when it was finished. -Iker A.


I arrived to Canada last Saturday evening. After a long trip, we got to Hamilton by bus and then I met my host family at the college. They were really kind and I had a great time with them although I was really tired.
On Sunday I stayed at home. I woke up at 12 pm and after having lunch we all watched the soccer match between Germany and Argentina. My host father and my host sister love soccer so I had a good time discussing the match with them. We all wanted Argentina to win so we weren't really happy at the end. Later, I went to the park to play soccer with them. When I came back I went to their pool and I went to sleep after having dinner.
On Monday I didn't attend any class. We were just receiving our bus cards and being shown a little bit about the city. Then we went to the Green Smoothie to have some drinks and speak in English.
On Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland, a theme park with lots of fun rides. It was a pity that the biggest one wasn't working but we enjoyed the other ones. It was a great day. -Fran S.
 I arrived to Canada on Saturday at 5 o'clock in the afternoon at the airport of Toronto. On Sunday was family day.  It was my first day here. In the morning we had breakfast all together then the oldest daughter and I went to see the neighbourhood and then we went to the grandmother's house. After that we returned to the house and we were talking about her life. At 6pm we went to the garden and were talking and having a good time. At 8pm we had dinner together.  On Monday the grandmother drove to me to the collage. At the college we didn't have class. I had an ice cappuccino then we went to the bus station to get our bus passes.  After that we went to the department store to buy a lock then we went to the hall. we returned to the college and had lunch and then we did an exam. In the afternoon we went to the Green Smoothie Bar and we tried a smoothie, it was so good! I caught the bus to go home. I got lost but I asked a woman my address and she went with me to my house.  On Tuesday we went to Canada's Wonderland but I didn't go on many rides. I went on a water one two times and on one that enters in the mountain. We eat a hamburger for lunch with chips then I ate a hot dog with Laura. It was very exciting. When I arrived home I was very tired so I went to bed. This morning I didn't want to wake up. -Loles L.

I had fun the last week. With my host family, I went camping Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. There, I did a lot of activities like drive a boat, play darts, etc. The first night at the camp, I slept in a tent with a sleeping bag.  Friday evening, I came back to Hamilton and I went to the Art Crawl with the group.  
On Saturday, I went to Wild Waterworks with the group and I had a lot of fun. For me, the best part of Saturday was having a good time with my friends in the wave pool.
 On Sunday, my brother and I went to a picnics with my host mom and her friends. There we played domino and many games that I don't know.     
Yesterday, on Tuesday, for me was the best day because I like theme parks a lot and we went to Canada's Wonderland. -Alvaro S. 
 

This week was awesome! We did a lot of things.
On Wednesday and Thursday we had class in the morning and then we went to do sports, on Wednesday we went to the gym and on Thursday we played basketball.
On Friday morning I went downtown and then we went to a little concert of Brain Melo. In the evening we went to the Art Crawl on the James street. There were a lot of little shops in the street where people could buy artisanal things. 
On Saturday we went all day to the Wild Waterworks, it had a big wave pool and some big slides. 
On Sunday was family day, so me and my host family went for a walk to lake Ontario because there were little shops where people that have houses around the lake sell some things.
On Monday we had class, and in the evening we went to the Green Smoothie bar to do conversation activity with other people but the people didn't come so we spoke to each other in English.
On Tuesday was the best day because we went to Canada's Wonderland, I had a lot of fun with all my group. I went on all the big roller coasters except one, because it was closed. In Canada's Wonderland we went as well to the waterpark that it was inside. That day was the best one of the week. -Sergi A.

No comments:

Post a Comment