Saturday, July 22, 2017

"I heard a noise and turned around..."


We spent the morning at the Art Gallery of Hamilton taking in their permanent exhibition on the Classics, Staging Abstraction, and Kim Adams' Bruegel-Bosch Bus. From these we had to pick a painting/fixture that left an impression on us and create a story beginning with "I heard a noise and turned around..." Here are some excerpts from our stories. 
 "I ran fast to the door I knew the letter wasn't for me, but I didn't care...I thought he had the most beautiful smile I've never seen...I never answer the letters because I didn't know how to write..." -Lola V.
"I didn't know what to do. I didn't see anything, but I decided to go back home. I was walking in the forest as the night surrounded me. It was too late and my mum was probably starting to get worried. I started to hear different sounds of animals. I was scared and suddenly I looked around me and I didn't know where I was. It was very dark..." -Nuria B.
"There were an amazing and long beach on the coast of the south of Spain.
I met new people on the beach...One of my friends died..." -Victor P.
"I recognised those weird totems, those big wooden sculptures belonged to the ancient native American culture. I started running to my teacher's house to ask some important questions about the aboriginal culture...Ten years later, our town is a big city and the totems are a touristic attraction." -Mario L.
"Suddenly, an intense light appeared. That light came from the darkness and finally I could see the train.I was in the forest trying to make fire when I saw a horse running very fast. It seemed that the horse was escaping from someone...I tried to guess why the horse was running towards the way of the train.When I tried to see what had happened, I couldn't see anything.
Both had disappeared." -Emilio M.
"...I was afraid, so I started to put my own colours.."
"...It represents peace to me, so with it I could calm myself..."
"...I included the grey colour because I was angry with myself but then I realized that it made no sense, so I added light blue and light pink..."
"... I realized that my heart didn't beat in all this time, so I included the colour red..." -Laura L.
I found myself in the middle of the no-where. Someone was tempting me to keep going forward as fast as I could. My fright made me feel paralized. I just decided to sit down, inhaling and exhaling, trying to become aware of where I was and what was happening. The mix of hundreds of feelings and doubts coming to my mind at the same time made me let go. -Azucena S.
"I started to run because I was at the top... All of the cars, trucks, machines etc. started to fall down.
I took my bicycle to move quickly..." -Jose P.

No comments:

Post a Comment