Sunday, July 9, 2017

Canada Day Long Weekend


On Friday night, we stayed at home and we watched a funny movie because we were exhausted. On Saturday morning, we cleaned the swimming pool and all the backyard. After this, we had lunch and we relaxed in the sofa, watching movies. On Sunday morning I went running and then I swam in the pool. After having lunch, we went to the Niagara Outlets but they were already closed so we decided to go to Claire's friend's house. At 10:00 pm fireworks took place in the Niagara Falls so I went to the top floor of a hotel and we saw them from there. It was wonderful! Later, we went to the Clifton Hill street. It was beautiful and full of lights. It was full of people and we went to some souvenir shops. After that, we went back home and we arrived at 2:30 am! On Monday, I went to the pool again during the morning and after lunch we picked Julia up from her friend's house because she was the whole weekend out in Wasaga Beach. After having a little nap, some friends of Claire and Julia came home and we had supper all together. Then, we went to the park with Julia's friends. We were very tired so we went to sleep. -Azucena S.

On Friday I went to Laura's family's house, we swam in the swimming pool and had dinner in the garden. On Saturday I went with Laura's family to a festival celebrated for Canada Day at Gage Park. We visited all of the different stands, after this we went back to the house and my host mum picked me up in the evening. On Sunday I went with my friends to the Gage park and we saw the show of the host father of my brother, it was so funny. On Monday we went to the mall. -Victor P.
On the long weekend we went to a breakfast bar, I ate eggs, fries, bacon, toast and milk. In the afternoon we went to my host dad's mum' s house and we swam in the pool and we ate hamburgers for dinner. On Sunday we went to my host family's friend's house and we ate my birthday cake there. I went also to the park with my host sister and her friends. On Monday I went to Laura's house and we spent all the day in her pool speaking with her host mum and we ate a barbecue in the garden.
-Lola V.

We went to a restaurant to see fire works. There we were with Nick and Caroline's friends,
there were a lot of people. We ate hamburgers while we waited to see the fire works. It was so funny. I liked it because everyone likes their country and they are happy. We wore Canadian clothes. Before the fire works we sang the anthem. The fire works were so fun and they were near us. There were a lot of fire works in the city so you can see from different places. -Jose Maria P.
This weekend was awesome. On Saturday, we celebrated the 150th anniversary of Canada. Firstly, my family and I went to Gage Park and there were a lot of stands where you can buy some Canadian stuff. After that, we went to watch the fireworks, so I could see a breathtaking view of Hamilton, Canada. On Sunday, I met Mario, Jose and Victor at Gage Park. We had fun there and we ate Mexican tacos, (they were delicious). In the evening, Mario, Victor and I went to Jackson Square where we walked around. On Monday, we didn't have to go to the college because it was a holiday. I met Mario, Jose and Victor again. We went to Lime Ridge Mall (Central Shopping) where we bought some t-shirts. It was an amazing weekend! -Emilio M.

The Canada Day long weekend I went to Gage park because there were a lot of traditional food restaurants and stands with a lot of different things, I ate in the Mexican one. I went twice, the first time with my family and the second time with some of my Spanish friends to see a food contest. I also went to see the fireworks to celebrate Canada's birthday with Victor and my host family. The fireworks were very nice and colorful. On Monday I went to the mall to buy some clothes and food and then I came home again to have a barbecue with a lot of people from the family. -Mario L.
The most important day in Canada is Canada Day. This year is the 150th anniversary. On Saturday I went with my family to a festival celebrated for the Canada Day at Gage Park in Hamilton and we went for a walk to see the stands. We also went to some rides and at night we watched a film at home. On Sunday, I swam in the pool and then, at night, I went with my family to pick up two girls from Quebec that are going to stay in the same house as me for one month. And, finally, on Monday I went with my host mum to pick up Lola at Mohawk College and she came with us to spend the day with us in the pool. -Laura L.

On this long weekend, I went to Sauble Beach. When I arrived I saw the sunset in the car and it was fantastic! On Saturday, Canada Day, it was raining so I stayed at home because it was raining and at supper time we had a barbecue. On Sunday I went on a walk in the town and we had something to eat there and at supper time we also had a barbecue. Sunday night we saw the fireworks at the beach. The next morning we came home early, so when we arrived home I swam in the pool and I sunbathed, it was very relaxing. -Nuria B.

No comments:

Post a Comment