Friday, July 3, 2015

A New "World"

My first impression of Canada was great. I was so tired because of the plane ride, which took 9 hours to arrive in Toronto. We met the host family for the first time at the college where we are going to spend our time, in Mohawk College. 
My host family is very nice. They are so friendly and they have a very crazy dog that stares at me all the time and seems to love food. It's so funny.  
One thing that surprised me is the jet lag. My body is not prepared yet to stay awake more than 10 hours. When I get home, I have dinner at 7 o'clock more or less and then I go to sleep because I feel so tired but I'm so lucky because the bed I'm going to sleep in this month is so comfortable. 
Today I took the bus to school by myself and got lost but was lucky and a girl helped me find the college.  
The monitors are awesome and my class mates are so cool. I think we're gonna have an amazing experience together! Canada is another world. Marina V.
Here, the timetable is very different, we do everything earlier than in Spain. We have lunch at 12:00pm, dinner at 6:00pm and we normally go to sleep at 10:00pm. So for me it is very strange to eat at these times.
Here I eat a lot. In Spain I normally have a glass of milk and some biscuits for  breakfast, but here I have more things: pancakes, cereal, milk , bacon, fruit, eggs...and the same happens with at lunch and dinner.
When buying things, it's different too because here you have to remember that one Canadian dollar is only 0,72 euros and the price that you see when you are going to buy something is not the same as what you will have to pay at the cash register.
The weather is not as cold as I thought. It's similar to Valencia's weather. Carlos G.
When I came to Canada two days ago I was so impressed because it is a different country with different customs, like the difference with the meal times.
Firstly, we spend a lot of time traveling by plane and also by bus to arrive to the airport so when I met my Canadian family I had a bit of  jet lag but it wasn't a problem because they are a very nice couple and they had cooked many different things for dinner. 
Secondly, here there are a lot of products that we haven't got in Spain, for example the milk is sold in bags not in bottles. Another thing is that there are Tim Hortons in almost every place you go, it's like a café and you can buy delicious smoothies or coffees and donuts or cookies. We need one in Spain!
To sum up, I'm impressed with my host house which is big and has a beautiful garden. Yesterday was the first time that I had to go home by bus and i was a bit confused because I've never had to take two buses to an unknown place. 
Luckily my first impression of this country is good and I hope this will continue when I return home. Ainhoa J.
I think that it's too early to have an opinion about this country, because this is only our 2nd day; but there are so many things that have caught my attention, like for example the lifestyle here. It's different from ours, the timetable is different but I prefer this one to ours, because you can do more things during the day. Also, another thing is the people here, there are so many people of different nationalities, in our two days here we have seen Chinese, African, American and Indian people and everyone is very nice to you and between them, for example, yesterday we went downtown and there were people giving free hugs hahaha. Here, most of the people are so friendly, they always help you. Also they are very polite, they always say Thank you or Sorry. It is a very nice country. I hope that our experience here will be awesome and we will learn a lot of English. I'm so grateful for this opportunity! Ana B.
I had never been on a plane for 9 hours, it was very boring but it was a new experience. We didn't like the food nevertheless we ate it.
When we arrived in Toronto the first thing that we were talking about, was the jet lag, it was weird because we were thinking about the things that we would be doing if we were in Spain. 
Speaking about my first impression of the host family, it was amazing. The mum loves to talk so I'm always speaking with her. Yesterday I met my host family's daughter, she is really kind and I would like to spend time with her. 
The timetable is very different, like everyone knows, here they have lunch and dinner earlier than in Spain, therefore we have to learn to live with all of these things. 
Finally I wanna say that I'm really comfortable with the family and I hope to spend a good time with them, have fun doing all the things that we are going to do and obviously to learn a lot of English. Violeta L.

No comments:

Post a Comment