Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Exploring Hamilton I

I can’t live without buses because my house is far from the college so I need to go by bus every day and I have to take two buses to arrive at school. Also, I can’t live without air conditioner because recently it’s been too hot. I believe that I can’t live without barbeques because the meat tastes really good and even more with the barbecue sauce. Moreover, I think we can’t live without speaking English because it is very necessary to communicate with my family and people who live here and if I couldn’t speak English I wouldn’t tell my family what I prefer eating. I can’t live without Internet because it is the best way to communicate with my family and friends in Spain, I can’t live without neither Whatsapp nor Skype. Also, I can’t live without TV because I usually watch films on TV when I am bored, although I don’t have time to get bored! Lucia B. 

I can’t live without my laptop because I read information websites everyday to stay well-informed of what happens in the world. Also because when I arrive at home after school or excursions I call my parents through Skype and I chat with my friends on Facebook. Finally I use my laptop to see films when I’m bored and I touch up photos and upload them to social networks. Cristina C.
Here in Canada I can't live without internet, because I need to speak with my parents and with my friends to tell them all the things what are happening here. I miss them a lot!!! And I use Skype to see them. If I wouldn't have internet I couldn't do that activity. Using the internet I could see my roller skating club performance, it was fantastic!! If we wouldn't have internet here we couldn't write and put photos on this blog. Nowadays I think the internet is one of the best things in the world! Lourdes A.
I can't live without Tim Horton's because I love Ice Cap, I can't live without internet too because without it I can't speak with my family and my friends but in Canada the most important things are buses and English because without it, I can't go to Mohawk and I can't understand anything. Fernando M. 
Here in Canada I can’t live without Tim Horton's, air-conditioner, KFC, swimming pool and chocolate milk. I believe that most of the people here can't also live without Tim Horton's, because it's impossible not to buy something there everyday. They have ice cappuccino, which it's one of the best inventions in History, and lots of delicious donuts and cookies, but nothing is really expensive. I know I'm going to miss Tim Horton's when I go back to Spain. I love chocolate milk as well, it's like a delicious chocolate with milk but very soft. We have had dinner at KFC a couple of times and definitely I can't live without it now. Here in Canada the weather has been extremely hot and something that we need everyday is the air conditioner. I also enjoy the swimming pool in my house a lot because I can refresh myself there and have a great time with the family. I'm going to miss a lot of things when I go  back to Spain! Isabel L.
I can't live without... AIR-CONDITIONER. Although in Spain the air-conditioner makes me feel uncomfortable, here in Canada, I couldn't live without it. The weather in the streets is extremely hot and we are constantly looking for covered spaces. The problem is that the difference between the temperatures inside and outside is immense (when I'm at home I must wear long pants and sweatshirt because is very cold) so I will probably get a cold. Virginia P.
I can' t live without Wi-Fi connection, Canadian dollars, English and my amazing swimming pool. This isn't too difficult to understand, if you don't have money or you don't speak English you will be in very difficult situation. Wi-Fi connection helps to keep in touch with people in Spain and also gives you a way to waste time when you don't have anything to do. Maybe the swimming pool could seem strange but here, in Hamilton, when it's sunny it's very hot and when I go back home I jump in to the pool, it is one of the best things I have ever done.  Guillermo L.
I can't live without so many different types of Monster Energy cans! Every time I go into a shop I find another Monster that I don't have. Yesterday I bought a 750 ml Monster can that you open like a plastic bottle. Other ones taste like a double double, like lollipop, cherry flavor, green tea flavor... Also I will miss a lot Tim Horton's, Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Pizza, Mucho Burrito and the BBQ s that my host dad cooks practically every day. Although I won't miss Dr. Pepper nor the cinnamon twists. Those things taste like terrible!!! Pablo O.
I can't live without big hamburgers because they put a lot of ingredients on them like bacon, cheese, tomato, chicken, ketchup, sausage and relish. It is a delicious sauce of crushed pickles. Here in Canada there are also nice cookie ice creams in Dairy Queen.  But the best thing I have here and I can't live without is the swimming pool! It is perfect for summer time because here the moisture with the heat is horrible. Isabel P.
I can't live without buses, because I have to take two buses to go to Mohawk college and to come back home. And also we need buses to go to downtown Hamilton, Toronto... So buses are very important for me, because I have to take a lot of them everyday. And on the one hand I like it because they have air-conditioner, but on the other hand I don't like it, because sometimes I have to wait a lot for the bus and also because there are a lot of different people on the buses. Rafael T. 
I can't live without Tim Horton's and air-conditioner. Here the weather is too hot. They said that Canada hasn't got a summer in the sense that here the weather is cold. They are wrong. I don't know what I'd do without air conditioner in buses, in the college or in the houses. Another way to refresh yourself is drink an Ice Cap or a Smoothie from Tim Horton's, a very common café in Canada that has got delicious donuts if you're hungry. If you have got a pool in your house you're really lucky because swimming in fresh water is a pleasure.  Another thing I can't live without is, obviously, English, because it is the official language in this part of Canada.  Finally, I want to mention my classmates because without them this wouldn't have been the same. Marta I.
I can't live without fast food, because it is awesome and I want to gain weight and the best one is the Pizza-Pizza. I can't live without buses because I live quite far from Mohawk College and I have to take two buses and inside them there is the wonderful air-conditioner.  I can't live without shopping because here I think it is cheaper and here you can find things that in Europe you cannot. Inaki D.
I can't live without buses, because I have to take the bus everyday to go to school, and when we go to other places we prefer to go by bus, because the things are far and it is very hot. I can't live without Tim Horton's, because they have the best Ice Cappuccinos in the world. When I'm hot is the best drink for me.  Laura L.
I can't live without many things here in Canada, but the most important are: Tim Horton's, these is because most days of the week I always go Tim Horton's (which is a Canadian donuts shop) for buy a donut or a frozen lemonade. Air condition, these is because during these month it has been really, really hot and if you want to stay fresh you have to be in a close place like your house. Money because if you want to buy something you have to some money with you. Finally I can't live without the TV that I have in my house and English. The TV because with that I can watch all the baseball games that are on each day and English because with that I can stay here in Canada because it's really important to know the language for socialize with people and many other things. Piero P.
I can't live without cold drinks. Chocolate milk is the best thing I have ever tasted, it's my favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner drink. I have an ice-cream everyday, my family loves it! We go to Seven Eleven (convenience store) to buy a Slurpy or to different places to buy an ice-cream or a milkshake. Canada is too hot now so it's perfect. Maria P. 
I can't live without English because it's necessary to speak with Canadian, British, American and people and many other places where English is necessary. Also, I can't live without baseball because I've seen lots of baseball matches and I love the Blue Jays.  Finally I can't live without an air conditioner because it's a very, very, very hot summer, with high temperatures plus humidity. I've gotten burnt in Canada!!!! Jose Luis P.
I can't live without air-conditioner, because the weather here is really hot. It's very sunny and also wet because of Lake Ontario, so you have a sensation of 40°C. Fortunately, they have air-conditioner at home, in buses, in the school. I also can't live without Tim Hortons, which is a café similar to Starbucks but cheaper.  There you can buy coffee, milkshakes, donuts and other sweets. It's delicious! Another essential thing to live here are the buses. Last Saturday I lost my bus so I had to walk for one hour with a friend to arrive home. Jorge V.
 
I can' t live without sleeping masks. Because in my house there is only a curtain on the window and the light penetrates in at 6:00 am at the morning. I need my mask to get back to sleep until 7:30. Nevertheless, some nights I lose it. It' s a bit bothersome!! Francisca C.  
Here, me and Lourdes can't live with out McFlurry's we don't know why, because in Spain we never eat them. But everyday that we see a McDonalds we need to enter and buy a big Oreo McFlurry.  And when we go home we need stop and buy one to eat at home. We should go to run too. Well, but we should go running everyday because here I'm eating a lot of fast food and I need my grandmother's Spanish food. Here we are eating sausages, hamburgers, chips, barbeque everyday. I'm tired I NEED my ham. But I'll survive ,eating these foods! But the most important food right now is McFlurry's!  Isabel O.
 
I can't live without the food here in Canada. What is Canada without its hot dogs, hamburgers or Tim Horton's? I usually have BBQ for supper with my host family, we love it. In addiction, my Canadian mother cooks BBQs really well. Tim Horton's is something typical from here, everybody has a coffee or milkshake, they have it at anytime. We usually have some coffee or donuts in the breaks at school, they are delicious. I can't forget Pizza-Pizza, which is a fast food restaurant where we usually go to during the excursions to have something to eat, it is great.  To cool off here, it is indispensable to have an air-conditioner or a fresh swimming pool, because here the temperature reaches 40°C many days. Every day I have a swim in the swimming pool as soon as I come from the school. Juan F.
 

1 comment: